Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > what is the difference between maxisys...
what is the difference between maxisys v2.0 and v1.28?

3862 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2015-10-26 03:53:55

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    raidzaki
    2015-10-19 00:05:40
      what is the difference between maxisys v2.0 and v1.28? 
    any idea please  autel support  kindly clear it to us

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-10-19 05:53:38 (Reply to:raidzaki)

Ok v1.28 is the version I am running. It has no disclaimer for killing the car u are working on. you can use prev versions of software.The latest version will not allow u to use prev versions. They say faster diag speed and better cust support. You cannot download any more vehicles unless u download current version. From what I read ford power balance has issues and auto id is still hit or miss. Originally the software was just a rehash of the older software but now they have some "improvements". Autel has never disclosed exactly what the new system will do. Most people have noticed little changes. People with ver 1.29 & 1.30 have issues with maxsys stopped working and have to turn wifi off. If you have time on your sub I would wait and see where this is going before I committed to the new system update as there is no way back.

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-10-19 13:34:18 (Reply to:hondaman219)

Hondaman219,

I agree there is NO way back but, do you  have any other option beside installing the 3.00.00 Version to get the new updates......????..........NO

Even if you look into it also the 1.28, or 2.00 Version were not even 100% nor any other version to name it, there all had its good and bad things........

Therefore I would advice if your Subscription time is still long to expire than install the new system and update it with new software use it and share your experience and, if you find any thing not working as it should be than just send the data log files with all the important information regarding the vehicle you working on it to the Support Team so,that they can fix the problems in the next coming updates.................

Most of the time the software developers don't have all car makes and models to test the software its we the users of the tool give feed back to them and then they fix the bugs................

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2015-10-19 21:22:55 (Reply to:hondaman219)

Hi hondaman

I did not have the fore thought of backing up my system,never really had a issue until v1.29 and v1.30 maxisys stopped

turned of wifi and worked great and didn't do any updates then three weeks later cant seem to auto id, manual scanning flaky and maxi has stopped again,any ways to my point

Can I get v1.28 or earlier from another maxisys and use it on my unit,anyone else know

This 908pro made me smile until maxi stopped

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-10-20 03:24:59 (Reply to:Jim)

Jim,
    Is your Subscription still valid................? if yes than I would advice you to install the new system updates 3.00.00 Version and update your tool with new software......................Good Luck............

•   Level 6   
    (457) points
    Jim

2015-10-20 18:27:23 (Reply to:Ashraf)

Thanks for the input Ashraf

I unfortunately bought my update in august , and things went down hill from there

I am not android savy and would love to run both version new and old

this scanner walked all over snap-on and has fallen from grace

nowhere in these posts can I find good remarks for the new software and its operation

Would like to go back when it worked well and save it before I move on to the new version

Is it possible to grab a ver1.28 somewhere and install it

Thanks

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2015-10-21 03:57:03 (Reply to:Jim)

I don't think if you can use both system on same tool...........................

•   Level 8   
    (2012) points
    Pedro

2015-10-21 18:14:44 (Reply to:raidzaki)

The difference is in structure of the software and in the improvement of speed communication between the software and hardware.

So far everything is working and problem of the Maxisys has to stop working is solved.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    raidzaki
    2015-10-22 00:03:01 (Reply to:Pedro)
     thanks for replay   i was expecting more from autel

•   Level 4   
    (107) points
    HI_TECH

2015-10-23 03:32:45 (Reply to:raidzaki)

I'm still running on v1.30 and don't have any wifi issues or problems with it stopping as other have or had. Also, can add older version if needed without any problems. I plan to keep this version for now and hope i can get a hold of the older updates as i hear from one of the members on this forum, the tool really stood out before the lawsuit.

As for the new version, some will disagree or agree. If you still have time before your subscription expires, i would just keep what you have until there is more positive feedback. As of right now, there isn't anything confirmed of what was removed or if the improvements are enough to justify the new upgrade.

Total2 Pages